How to Apply for the Renaissance Scholarship
Once a student has been admitted to participating school, he/she will be provided with a code to apply for
a scholarship through Renaissance.
Start collecting the Required Documents for the scholarship application. You will submit the documents in the online application. The required documents for all applicants are as follows:
1. A Verification of Alabama Public School Assign Form
2. An Alabama State Income Tax Return (Form 40)
3. If you have not filed a 2021 Alabama State Income Tax Return and are not required to
file you may provide:
i. A Statement of Non-Filing
ii. All forms of income (which may include but is not limited to:
W2, 1099, Profit & Loss, Unemployment Compensation, Child Support Documentation)
iii. Statement of No Wages
5. Your child's last End of Year (Full-Year) Report Card
Click on the Scholarship Application below. You will be taken to the TADS website. Select the 'Financial AID Assessment'. TADS uses the Financial AID Assessment for the Scholarship application. Once prompted enter the access code you received from Renaissance Scholarship.
The Alabama Accountability Act requires scholarship granting organizations to give priority to students as follows:
1. A student zoned for a “failing school", whether or not they are currently enrolled in a public or private school. Only 25% of all new scholarships can be awarded to students continuously enrolled in a private school during the previous school year. Click HERE to view the Department of Education's list of failing schools.
2. A public school student not zoned for a “failing school". By law, scholarships may not be awarded to students zoned to a non-failing school until August 1st of each school year, for the coming school year.
3. A private school student not zoned for a "failing school".
**Note that all students must meet the income guidelines to be considered for a scholarship from Renaissance Scholarships.
Please email firstname.lastname@example.org if you have any questions.