Before applying for a scholarship, a student must first be admitted to one of the Participating Schools.
Once a student has been admitted to participating school, he/she will be provided with a code to apply for
a scholarship through Renaissance.
The required documents for all applicants are as follows:
1. A Verification of Alabama Public School Assign Form
2. An Alabama State Income Tax Return (Form 40)
3. If you have not filed a 2019 Alabama State Income Tax Return and are not required to
file you may provide:
i. A Statement of Non-Filing
ii. All forms of income (which may include but is not limited to:
W2, 1099, Profit & Loss, Unemployment Compensation, Child Support Documentation)
iii. Statement of No Wages
5. Your child's last End of Year (Full-Year) Report Card
You will submit the documents in your application. Please email firstname.lastname@example.org if you have any questions.
The Alabama Accountability Act requires scholarship granting organizations to give priority to students as follows:
1. A student zoned for a “failing school", whether or not they are currently enrolled in a public or private school. Only 25% of all new
scholarships can be awarded to students continuously enrolled in a private school during the previous school year. Click HERE to view
the Department of Education's list of failing schools.
2. A public school student not zoned for a “failing school". By law, scholarships may not be awarded to students zoned to a non-
failing school until July 31st of each school year, for the coming school year.
3. A private school student not zoned for a "failing school".
Note that all students must meet the income guidelines to be considered for a scholarship from Renaissance Scholarships.